Tuesday, May 20, 2008

Nick's Dinner at the Burj Al Arab

Nick had dinner last night with 3 colleauges at the Burj Al Arab, the world's tallest and only 7-star hotel. Sadly, I was not invited. The bill came to $1700 for 4 people, not bad. There was a cocktail listed on the menu called the 27,324. The name is the price in Dirhams, roughly $7,500 for one drink. But you do get to keep the cup, which is made of gold. Sounds like a good deal. Also, a man came walking around with an open bottle of scotch dated 1847 with a handwritten label. Nick took a whiff and said it smelled like crap. For only 7,000 Dirhams ($1900) who wouldn't want a glass? Nick's sniff must have been at least $100. To get out to the Burj, which is on it's own man made island, Nick had to give a special passcode that was emailed to him. He felt pretty cool pulling up in his Mitsubishi Galant and parking next to the Rolls Royces, Bentleys, Ferraris and Lamborghinis, just to name a few. It's a rough life he leads.

I know this is kind of a crappy picture, but it does show the Burj out on it's island and 2 of the kids, Drew of course and Bret making a sand mountain back to the right. This was about a month ago.

4 comments:

Sally said...

Okay, Drew is just too cute. His hair looks like it wants to curl. Can't wait to see him. Between gas (the dinner at Burj Al Arab makes up for the price we pay for gas) the cold spring and the political debates, one could get discouraged. But..then I look at my adorable grandkids and think life is pretty great.

Ritch in Love said...

WOW! A GOLD MUG! That's soooo ridiculous! I've smelled old scotch before, I wanted to puke.
BUT I think that is a darling picture on the beach!

Amber said...

How cool Nick got to go eat at the Burj Al Arab. Jason and I watched a special on the building of that hotel a while back, it is amazing!!!

Sally said...

Is Nick taking us to dinner at the Burj when we come in the fall? I promise I'll order one drink. I feel pretty to cool to think I have a son who knows the passcode.