Sunday, April 12, 2009

We've caved

So, after nearly 2 years of living here, we finally gave in and are living like most of Dubai - with a live in maid. We resisted for so long because we didn't want someone living with us, but after nearly all of our friends saying how nice it is, we thought we'd give it a try for our last year here. And after about a week, I can say it is soooooooo nice. The dishes are always done. The house is always picked up (well, almost - Drew goes around and pretty much destroys things right behind her). The clothes hampers are always empty. The best part is not having to clean up the kitchen after dinner, which she cooks. Tonight we had a Filipino dish called chicken adobo...very good.


Her name is Marjory and she is from the Philippines. She is very quiet and polite. She has been in Dubai for about 3 weeks now. She has a cousin and an aunt here, so it is nice for her to have some family here. Marjory was a maid in the Philippines for 2 years before coming to Dubai. This the first time she ever left the Philippines and her first time on a plane.


How am I ever going to go back to doing things myself?! I'm so spoiled.

5 comments:

Allie, Tony, A.J., Adeline Wiseman said...

Holy Cow I am sooo jealous! Enjoy, Enjoy and Enjoy...and don't worry you'll have all July to remember what it's like to clean up after kids...lol

Ritch in Love said...

I am OFFICIALLY jealous!

Ryan and Rikke said...

I don't know why you didn't cave earlier! I'm extremely jealous! I only have Ryan to look after (and a bulldog that sheds non-stop) and I'm wishing I had that. When are you all in Utah? I'm thinking I'll try to plan something like last time so I can see both you and Lani.

Marti said...

I hate you. Especially right now. :)

Cori P said...

Don't let Rikke fool you the bulldog takes care of her lol...
but that is good you deserve to relax that last year. Do you know where you will be going next?