Sunday, April 12, 2009

A day at the zoo & Laci's new do

Last week was spring break and one of the days we went to the zoo. We went to the Al Ain zoo. Al Ain is a city in the neighboring emirate of Abu Dhabi. It was about a 90 minute drive. There is a zoo here in Dubai, but we haven't been and heard it's not very good. The Al Ain zoo was a good size and there was no one there, except for the group of friends we went with. It was great. The kids had a good time and thank goodness it wasn't too hot that day. Here are a few pictures. I'm a terrible photographer and only got one animal in a picture....oh well.





Bret and the ostrich


Cole - note the mountains in the background - we haven't seen mountains in months



Drew pointing at a bird



There was even a train painted with zebra stripes



In one of my previous posts, I wrote how Laci has lost most of her hair - well, all but the top. I know it's just wishful thinking, but I've been pulling that little tuft of hair up with an elastic and curling it. When it's up, you can really see how bald she is everywhere else. We call it her "Pebbles" do.

2 comments:

Lindsi said...

I love Laci's hair! I used to fix Emily's that way and Jenna used to call it her "quail" hair.

Cori P said...

She has more hair then you or I did at that age!!