Monday, April 27, 2009

Musandam, Oman

With Joe & Annie here last week, we decided to be a bit adventurous and head over to the neighboring country of Oman. We went to the northern most part called Musandam, about a 3 hour drive from Dubai. It is right near the straight of Hormuz, only 30 miles from Iran across the Persian Gulf. This area is commonly called the "fjords of the Middle East" because of the beautiful tall mountains that jet up out of the sea. We took a dhow (an old wooden boat) cruise of the whole area. We all went snorkeling and even saw some dolphins.




Bret, Drew and Cole sitting on the dhow. There were rugs and pillows to sit on, the traditional Arabic seating.





This is what the dhow looked like.



Drew, enjoying the beautiful scenery.



If you look real close, you can see the dolphins. There was one swimming right up next to the boat for a bit, but by the time I grabbed my camera, it was gone.



This is a little fishing village.



Bret & Cole ready for some snorkeling.



Snorkeling

Laci resting on Dad.


Drew hanging out with Abdullah and Waleed.

7 comments:

Sally said...

What can I say. "My grandchildren are adorable." My "little Nicky" even looks cute holding Laci. Wish I could have been there. Looks like fun times. I liked the little village nestled against the mountain.

Marti said...

What an experience...awesome!

Annie said...

Your pictures turned out so much better than mine. Thanks again for having us! It's cold and rainy today, I wish I was there enjoying the warmth and sun.

Ritch in Love said...

I gave my friend Mary your blog address. Her husband might be considering a job in Dubai.

Ryan and Rikke said...

We definitely need to make our way over there. That looks awesome.

Unknown said...

Your blog content is great i love this type of information & also bookmark your blog for the further information. Musandam Dibba

jony said...

Dibba tour is a unique and nice experience, you must do it at least for once in your life. The natural beauty of Musandam Dibba is has always been a source of attracting people from all over the world.

Musandam Dibba