Monday, October 11, 2010

I did it!

I've always wanted to do a marathon and I finally did it. I ran the Mohawk Hudson River Marathon on 10-10-10. I thought that would be a good date to remember. The race began in Schenectady, right by Nick's office, and went along the Mohawk River over to the Hudson River and ended in downtown Albany. My goal was to finish under 4 hours and my official time was 3:58:56. The last 2 miles were really difficult but I fought through it.


I was #1191. The Hudson River in the background.

The New York State Capital (and the beautiful port-o-potties, thanks photographer Nick) in the background.

6 comments:

allie said...

Wow! Congrats Rosy that's amazing! Hope you are resting up for Disney World in a few weeks...see you then!

Annie said...

Yay, Rosy! I can't believe you did it in under 4 hours. I'm so impressed. Are you going to do another? Wish we were joining you and the other Wiseman's in DW.

Lindsi said...

That's awesome!! Sounds like a nice marathon route too!

Ryan and Rikke said...

That's amazing! And you finished in a ridiculous time! I can't believe you never mentioned that you were training for one. I'm just trying to work back up to my 2-3 miles. So sad.

Sally said...

So proud of you. Way to go!

Shayla said...

You are amazing!!! Seriously!!! I am so proud of you!