Wednesday, October 29, 2008

It's a.....GIRL!!!!!

There's finally some pink at the Wiseman house. We can't believe it. We're still in shock. Little Laci (yep, we finally decided on a name, no middle name, fyi) was born Thursday, October 23 at 2:45 p.m. She weighed in at 7 lbs 14 oz (or 3.576 kgs) and was 51 cm long. Everything is done in the metric system here, so Nick did the kilogram to pound conversion on his blackberry in the delivery room and we still haven't figured out her length in inches yet. She's the smallest of the kids yet she was my most painful labor and delivery. The nurses couldn't find the guy to give me my epidural. They finally found him and the medication kicked in when I was at 9 cm, better late than never though. My nurses were great. I had 3 nurses, one from Portugal, one from India and one from the Philippines. My main nurse, Bella from Portugal, had to kick my butt a few times because I was freaking out from the pain. I'm such a wimp.

Nick is loving his little girl and has turned into quite the protective dad. When he was in the nursery with Laci as she was having her first bath, he was making the nurses laugh. The nurse came back and told me that Nick said Laci couldn't date until she was 30 and told the baby boy in the little cart next to her to "stay away from my daughter." He also went to Baby Gap the day after she was born and bought practically the whole newborn girl section. Laci's big brothers are also very fond of her. For the first few days, they kept referring to the baby as he or his or him. They couldn't get used to the fact that there was a girl in the family now. Bret and Cole race in from school and fight over who gets to hold her first. Drew has done well so far. He says "baby" and "soft " as he pats her on the head. I'm sure the jealousy will start soon. The only issue I've had is when I would check her diapers for pee, I was concerned because they seemed dry. But, duh, girls don't pee in front like boys do.
One more thing - our maid, Anusha, has been such a help this past week. She helped a lot with the kids while I was in the hospital. Nick would bring the kids once a day and then come back by himself once a day. It was so nice to come home to a clean house and empty laundry hampers. Anusha has been doing my house cleaning and all my laundry for the past few months and it is soooooo nice, especially now with a newborn. I have more time to just sit and hold Laci.

Me at the American Hospital Dubai.





Little Laci - she has the most hair of all the kids


Bret and Laci

Cole and Laci

Drew and Laci

10 comments:

Ryan and Rikke said...

Congratulations!!! I can't believe you all finally had a little girl! She's beautiful. I can't believe hos much dark hair she has. Did the boys have dark hair when they were born? Hopefully Ryan and I will be able to make it over there sometime in the near future because I would love to see her (as well as all of you). Hope all is well!

Ryan and Rikke said...

how not hos - sorry

Annie said...

I'm dying right now...she is BEAUTIFUl and all I want to do is hold her. Why do you have to live so far away. I couldn't believe it when Joe told me you had girl, I was so happy!! The pic of Drew and Laci is absolutely adorable. Drew looks so big holding Laci. I wish I was coming with Dave and Sally next month. Please post more pics. Also, loving all her dark hair.
xoxo, Annie

Sally said...

I can't wait to hold her. She is adorable. but I wouldn't expect less from you two. She doesn't even look new born. I'll have to bring another suit case. I love to buy pink! Sorry, Nick. The boys look bigger everytime I see them. I am glad you have Anusha to help. See you soon. Love to all.

Marti said...

YAY! You got a girl! I'm so happy for you guys. Girls are definitely a whole new world. Congratulations.

Shayla said...

Oh I am so happy for you guys!!! So glad to hear all is well and that you have help. She is beautiful---as are all of your kids! You are good parents...we love you and miss you. Hugs to all!
Shayla and family

Shayla said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Shayla said...

Love HER name!

Jen said...

Rosy & Nick - Congratulations!! That is so exciting. What a beautiful girl and adorable name. I bet everyone is excited to have a girl. You'll love it! I read some of your back posts. I can't believe Nick had to travel so close to your due date. I'm glad everything worked out. I hope you are doing well Rosy! Wish I were close by to help out, glad to hear you've got someone so nice there to help with what you need. Keep posting lots of pictures.

Richmond Stake Day of Service said...

Congratulations! I was just catching up on your lives and am so excited for the new little lady in the house! I wish I could deliver y'all dinner!! Love, Joy