Sunday, January 13, 2008

"Winter"

So, it's January and I guess "Winter" has arrived here in Dubai. I use the term winter loosely because the high was still 77 degrees today but it has actually been raining (more like sprinkling) for the past few days. I was driving today and I had to stop for a minute and figure out how to use my windshield wipers. I have never used them in the five months that we have been here. Also, there were a couple of days last week where I needed to wear a light jacket. Now, I know, I am kind of a wimp when it comes to being cold, so anything below 75 is cold to me. It has been a welcome change, though. I am pretty darn sick of my summer wardrobe. I've been pulling out sweaters, pants, long-sleeved tees - anything that isn't part of my usual attire. I see lots of people in their winter dress. I see coats, hats, gloves and scarves and I don't think the daytime high has dipped below 65, with lows in the mid 50s. It reminds me of when we lived in Albany, New York, and Bret was playing soccer. It was the beginning of June and the temperature had just reached around 80 degrees. The coaches decided to call the game halfway through because it was too hot. I guess everything is relative.

No comments: