Thursday, October 25, 2007

Mischievous Little Drew

My little Drewster (as I call him) has some favorite pastimes these days, some of which are a little bit mischievous. Here they are:

1. Clearing all of the books off of the shelves. This is a fun game. He does this many times a day, only because I am crazy enough to put the books back on.

2. Climbing the stairs. This is the first time I have had a climber in a house with stairs. Not very fun (for me). I've tried to find a gate, but I haven't found one that will work. At the bottom of the stairs we have a round metal pole on one side and our lovely concrete wall (all of the houses here are solid concrete) on the other. Drilling into the wall to install one of those swinging gates is kind of out of the question. We've tried our putting our kitchen chairs in the way, but he just shoves them aside. Any ideas out there? Let me know.

3. This is Drew's favorite. When Cole is at school, he steals his sacred blanket (or what is left of it) and grabs one of it's "tentacles" to hold while he sucks his thumb. Drew has to have something in his hand while he sucks his thumb. He's not too picky though. I've seen him use toilet paper, paper towels and plastic shopping bags (I know, suffocation hazard), just to name a few.

Even with all of this naughtiness, we still love him tons.

3 comments:

Marti said...

I so do not miss this stage of babyhood-just getting into everything and going everywhere you don't want them to go! I don't know what to tell you about your gate dilemma...without being able to screw something into the wall. One Step Ahead always seems to have a billion safety gates in their catalogs. Drew is sure a cutey!

Sally said...

Just put lots of pillows at the bottom of the steps. I raised kids in pre-historic times when they didn't have gates, or car seats....good luck with that one. He is so cute.

Annie said...

I miss Drewster :( He is my favorite little guy! I can't believe how big he is getting. Good luck finding a solution to the stair problem.