Monday, August 13, 2007

Welcome Home


After months of planning and several days of travel we finally made it to our new home in Dubai. The boys were outstanding. Drew was only cranky at take off, Cole slept 90% of the time and Bret was a big help pushing all of our crap through the airport. Yes, I said crap. The only fight Rosy and I have had throughout this experience is over the amount of crap we have accumulated...particularly the amount of crap accumulated in a 6 week period in Utah. Rosy wants everyone to know that she did not accumulate crap and that the crap to which I refer was already in our posession and was merely spread throughout our car/temporary living space at my parents house. This argument will continue in all likelihood for the duration our marriage.

3 comments:

MFink said...

We are so glad that you made it safely and are settling in. Look forward to keeping up with ya'll. Mason misses Brets tons!! Since the rain has stopped and the drought has begun we have spent lots of time in the pool. School starts in two weeks (yes I am counting the hours!!) so we are getting ready for that. Take care and keep blogging. Mary Fink

Lindsi said...

I can't believe how bad your trip was. Everything can only get better from that point. My kids miss your kids so much. Last week they actually uttered my most hated phrase, "I'm bored". My kids are also constantly asking what time it is in Dubai. Take a lot of pictures for your blog.

JBrian said...

Nick, you crack me up! We miss having your commentary on things! We are glad that you are finally in Dubai and hope that everyone is enjoying it. We also appreciate your sending the hot weather over here, so that we can also feel like we are in Dubai - temperatures are around 100 with feels like of 107-110! (It's probably hotter there, but work with me here)! We are finally getting settled in our new house, but miss seeing you all on Ivyvine! Give all of the boys a hug for us and Mackenzie and Carson say hi!